OMRON Forums

Where to start

PEERPSI

Starting to get there. Here's a plot from a parabolic move of X.

Still having trouble with the second axis though. I'd noted that I forgot to change my I272 when I corrected the direction for motor and encoder increment. I guess I need to go through that axis completely once again. I was able to change my I213 which is strange?

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j464/PEERPSI/Work/th_xplot.jpg' alt='th_xplot.jpg'>

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting to get there. Here's a plot from a parabolic move of X.

Still having trouble with the second axis though. I'd noted that I forgot to change my I272 when I corrected the direction for motor and encoder increment. I guess I need to go through that axis completely once again. I was able to change my I213 which is strange?

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j464/PEERPSI/Work/th_xplot.jpg' alt='th_xplot.jpg'>

Nice response. The Acceleration feed forward (i135) is a bit too high, but overall not too bad.

Nice response. The Acceleration feed forward (i135) is a bit too high, but overall not too bad.

Some people are just so hard to please! I'll try to elevate myself to your standards!

Thanks for your input though it certainly shortened the tuning process.

I've got motors roughly tuned, axis homing, limits working sort of. It's been several decades since I was in school and received my education on numbering systems. As such I'm trying to figure out how to set my I124. My bits, 0-23 are 100000000001100100000001 which should be 108908 or 809801?

I also have a problem with my pendant for the advantage 900. The NC program boots up and I'm able to cause motion, homing etc via the terminal screen. However no LED's light on the pendant and the keys don't seem to function.

Okay pendant working, MDI mode in NC Pro working, responds to G codes as expected and homes from the pendant.

I need to figure out fine phasing next as I've noted the base FE seems to change dependant on phasing which must mean I'm not accurate enough on that yet.

Any advice?

The setup of fine phasing described in the Turbo PMAC users manual will apply to the Clipper. Also the section in the Geo Brick manual would apply - and this has code examples with very good comments.

Thanks the Geo manual does give some better notes.

I've been trying to follow the manual phasing routine in the Brick manual preceding the fine phasing example. I have set a variable to display the phasing register but when I attempt to zero it it does not respond.

M1000->=X:$078001,1,24,S is what I have set.

Any ideas?

Also I've noted that with a #xO0 command on my first axis it drifts for a fail bit before it stops. My drive has no balance setting when using dual differential analog input and I've used a DVM to set I129 and I179 so that my DACS are as close to zero as possible.

Any ideas?

Your M-variable definition is pointing to the encoder counter which cannot be written to. You need to be pointing to the “Phase Position Register” at X:$B4,0,24,S. Also note that the M-variables in the Brick manual are not compatible with the NC M-variable definitions. Most of the needed registers are defined in the file OEM.H.

What is the purpose of the "#xO0" command in your system? Ixx29 and Ixx79 are the only setting for current offset.

Your M-variable definition is pointing to the encoder counter which cannot be written to. You need to be pointing to the “Phase Position Register” at X:$B4,0,24,S. Also note that the M-variables in the Brick manual are not compatible with the NC M-variable definitions. Most of the needed registers are defined in the file OEM.H.

What is the purpose of the "#xO0" command in your system? Ixx29 and Ixx79 are the only setting for current offset.

I'll look closer at my variable. I believe I have the cause of the drift resolved. The #xo0 was required in the manual phasing routine example in the brick manual. I'm going through the fine phasing setup that is listed in that manual which calls for manual phasing first.

• 4 weeks later...

So almost there, feedback configured, axis movement, limits working, home routine working, I/O working and custom M-codes functioning.

What I'm having trouble with now is having the active M-code window show what is actually active. For instance I've edited my Lathe.M file so that my M7 and M8 turn mist and flood coolant on. However M9 remains in the active M-code window and M7-M8 do not appear. There is a section in the NC-Pro2 manual for working with the M-codes but it does not cover this.

Any ideas?