OMRON Forums

Bus active Tag address in Geo Brick

GSS

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manual dictates that I must phase motors on power-up before they are able to run.  PLC1 ( runs once at power up ) example in manual does not check to see that there is ~120-240 VAC applied so phasing can actually perform.  PLC1 runs when 24 VDC is applied but must wait ~3 sec before applying 120-240 vac to powr bus. It appears that PLC1 program runs but fails to phase due to lack of bus power.  If I run it again, manually, after bus is up, it works fine.  Something not right here !

There is nothing wrong here, phasing will fail if there is no bus voltage. A well written phasing PLC would check for bus voltage not present errors. This is different between the Brick-AC and Brick-LV versions but is fully documented in the “Troubleshooting” chapters of each drive manual.

You say that but the manuals I've been given by the Omron folks are innacurate in many instances.  Why do you think I am posting ??

Not trying to be an ass but the sample code's have many syntax error's and in my case, try to phase w/o checking for bus power among other issue's.

I don’t know what “Omron folks” you have been working with but the latest manuals for the Geo Brick LV and the Geo Brick AC are accurate having been proof-read by several groups and the “downloadable” example code checked for syntax errors. I have attached the latest versions to this post. Please let us know what syntax errors you are experiencing.

The example code provided in these manuals is not considered “comprehensive” and is expected to be edited to reflect the full application requirements. As for the phasing Power-on PLC you could add the code to check for bus voltage not present or simply place a timeout at the beginning to accommodate the bus power delay. Another technique would be to disable power-on execution and run the PLC “on demand”.

Geo Brick LV User.pdf GEO BRICK AC USER.pdf