OMRON Forums

How to use CK3E to control motor torque mode?

David Jan

2 minutes ago, leandro.martins said:

Have you tried commanding in open-loop using the out command?
It might be useful to identify if the phases are coherent with the encoder direction.

I've tried open loop torque control mode before and it should work fine, I'll try open loop torque mode again.

One thing I noticed and forgot to mention:
You are limit your MaxDac in 1000, as the 6071 units for the CDHD is percentage,I suppose that will limit the torque in

1000/32767=0.03=3%

what might not be sufficient to move.

I don't have any experience with CDHD, so it's just a guess.

Edited by leandro.martins
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, leandro.martins said:

One thing I noticed and forgot to mention:
You are limit your MaxDac in 1000, as the 6071 units for the CDHD is percentage,I suppose that will limit the torque in

1000/32767=0.03=3%

what might not be sufficient to move.

I don't have any experience with CDHD, so it's just a guess.

I think the problem may not be with the MaxDac, I tested it with open loop, after I built and downloaded the whole program, I entered #1 out 20 in CMD and motor 1 spins at 40, how do I find out what the problem is with my torque mode by testing it with open loop?

9 minutes ago, leandro.martins said:

What are your servo gains? What is the step response?

The servo gains aren't set, but I think there's something wrong with my current motor profile because after I build and download the project, I enter the open loop command :#1 out 20 on CMD and the motor spins right after that, shouldn't it be spinning after I enable it? Why is the motor spinning on its own without me enabling it? This is too dangerous, I will add the servo gain parameter to the motor configuration file and then test the open loop.

1 hour ago, David Jan said:

The servo gains aren't set

That might explain the error when you try to jog.
If you are not setting the gains, the default values will be used, what might be inappropriate for your application.

The gains dictates how the torque is calculated from the desired and current positions, but when you use the out command you are "forcing" that percentage of torque, so the gains will not interfere on that.

My previous recommendation of using the out command was to validate that for a positive value in the out command the reading from the encoders would increment.

19 hours ago, leandro.martins said:

That might explain the error when you try to jog.
If you are not setting the gains, the default values will be used, what might be inappropriate for your application.

The gains dictates how the torque is calculated from the desired and current positions, but when you use the out command you are "forcing" that percentage of torque, so the gains will not interfere on that.

My previous recommendation of using the out command was to validate that for a positive value in the out command the reading from the encoders would increment.

If the open loop test is to verify that the encoder reading will follow the torque output, then I would think it would, does this prove that my torque mode profile is okay?

18 hours ago, 1220801328 said:

Is the 6060h setting 10 so that it is setting the motor to CST mode? Have you tried using the motor setup process that comes with the PMAC?

The 6060 is set to 10, it's detectable in the PDO and monitored in the motor servo in sync.