OMRON Forums

ecat reset error

wbzhong

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That error is reporting that you typed ecat "3", not ecat reset.  It would seem that somewhere in the project there is a #define statement defining reset as "3", i.e. #define reset 3.  I would look in Global Includes first.  Or, ctrl-F to search in the project.

To add on a tiny bit--

While it is allowed, it is generally considered bad practice to have short words like that (reset, status, etc.) as #defines or variable names.

Any string which is either a command or part of a command (for instance, a variable named "AbsPos" would be considered part of Motor[x].AbsPosSf) should be avoided.

A better option would be to name your parameter "ResetVar" if it is a variable or "_reset" if it is not.

This way it is similar, but unique.

On 11/20/2023 at 6:25 PM, Alex Anikstein said:

To add on a tiny bit--

While it is allowed, it is generally considered bad practice to have short words like that (reset, status, etc.) as #defines or variable names.

Any string which is either a command or part of a command (for instance, a variable named "AbsPos" would be considered part of Motor[x].AbsPosSf) should be avoided.

A better option would be to name your parameter "ResetVar" if it is a variable or "_reset" if it is not.

This way it is similar, but unique.

Thanks for the comments. It turned out that I named a PLC "reset", and this PLC was assigned an ID of 3 by the IDE.