OMRON Forums

VGA/Touchscreen details, etc

KEJR

I have some questions regarding the "release" of VGA connectivity and HMI software: - When will we find out what USB-VGA adapter to use, and will we need updated firmware/drivers to use it? - Is there a specific touchscreen driver that is known to work? How do we install it? - When will the .net component for C#/mono IDE be released? We would like to do native HMI on our machine and we need the first two things to work at a minimum. I can do Python-TK and/or GTK programming to get an HMI up and running but I need touchscreen and VGA capability to do this. Any help/tips would be appreciated. KEJR

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You do not need to get your own USB VGA adapter. We have made this and it is just an option that comes on the PPmac. The pricelist will be out next week (week 11) with ordering information. The option comes as part of the piggyback board. It has the video connector and the USB connector for keyboard and mouse. Touchscreens that we support are using the standard mouse drive. We are hoping the component library will be released in April.