OMRON Forums

Background C prog. runs on download

dabrunkow

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote='dabrunkow' pid='376' dateline='1271192669'] I've noticed that my background capp1 program starts running as soon as it is downloaded to the ppmac. What (saved?) variable controls this behavior? For the moment, I'd prefer to start the capp manually. Thanks Dave [/quote] The C programs will start running automatically depending on "Run at startup" settings under each background C program properties window. In order to access the properties, right click on the folder holding the Background C program, and select properties. [attachment=1357:name] Set the "Run at startup" property to "0" (zero). [attachment=1358:name]

Does this mean that if you want the program to automatically start up with the system that it will also automatically start when you download? What happens when the program is already running, does it restart the program with the new code? KEJR

[quote='KEJR' pid='380' dateline='1271767047'] Does this mean that if you want the program to automatically start up with the system that it will also automatically start when you download? What happens when the program is already running, does it restart the program with the new code? KEJR [/quote] If a background C program is set to run on startup, it will automatically start running after download of the project. If the previous version of program was still running when the download is requested, then the IDE will terminate the process before downloading the new one and running it.