OMRON Forums

GeoBrick + xbox360 (controller) or other joysticks 4 axis motion control

umac-dummy

hi all, i would like to ask if it possible to integrate the GeoBrick with an xbox360 controller for axis motion control. instead of just havin a software control panel, i would like to try control the axis motion on the control. so could anyone please tell me the feasibility of this and what should i need software/hardware-wise? thank you umac-dummy

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote='umac-dummy' pid='478' dateline='1277457638'] hi all, i would like to ask if it possible to integrate the GeoBrick with an xbox360 controller for axis motion control. instead of just havin a software control panel, i would like to try control the axis motion on the control. so could anyone please tell me the feasibility of this and what should i need software/hardware-wise? thank you umac-dummy [/quote] Yes, Joystick control has been successfully implemented in many applications. Essentially, each degree of freedom (direction movement) comes back into the Geo Brick as an Analog Input and acts as a velocity master on the desired axis (possibly combination of axes). See attached Application Note.