OMRON Forums

Generating a custom slave motion profile after a master-slave trigger using Kinematic

Guest majidy

the following document describes a custom slave motion profile when trigger happens. Master is moving with constant speed and when trigger happens slave should go through a custom motion profile to reach master velocity and position. This is equivalent to command move R in Yaskawa X Drives. A sample code is also included.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote='majidy' pid='716' dateline='1285199696'] the following document describes a custom slave motion profile when trigger happens. Master is moving with constant speed and when trigger happens slave should go through a custom motion profile to reach master velocity and position. This is equivalent to command move R in Yaskawa X Drives. A sample code is also included. [/quote] ;------------------------------------ The main purpose of this application is to be in sort time master and slave in a same position and velocity, The acc and the speed of the slave are limits. Can you find me solution to do it even if the speed of the master isn't constant?

[quote='bbrown' pid='718' dateline='1285312286'] [quote='majidy' pid='716' dateline='1285199696'] the following document describes a custom slave motion profile when trigger happens. Master is moving with constant speed and when trigger happens slave should go through a custom motion profile to reach master velocity and position. This is equivalent to command move R in Yaskawa X Drives. A sample code is also included. [/quote] ;------------------------------------ The main purpose of this application is to be in sort time master and slave in a same position and velocity, The acc and the speed of the slave are limits. Can you find me solution to do it even if the speed of the master isn't constant? [/quote] theoretically if the equation of velocity and position of master in terms of time is known the custom slave motion can be generated. I have added a document describing this with an example of linear master velocity (constant acceleration). Another approach that sina suggested me is to use exponential filters so that instead of quick jump to master position, slave position will incrementally catches master position. In this case we don't have a full control over the profile, but we can avoid the jump.

[quote='majidy' pid='720' dateline='1285626018'] [quote='bbrown' pid='718' dateline='1285312286'] [quote='majidy' pid='716' dateline='1285199696'] the following document describes a custom slave motion profile when trigger happens. Master is moving with constant speed and when trigger happens slave should go through a custom motion profile to reach master velocity and position. This is equivalent to command move R in Yaskawa X Drives. A sample code is also included. [/quote] ;------------------------------------ The main purpose of this application is to be in sort time master and slave in a same position and velocity, The acc and the speed of the slave are limits. Can you find me solution to do it even if the speed of the master isn't constant? [/quote] theoretically if the equation of velocity and position of master in terms of time is known the custom slave motion can be generated. I have added a document describing this with an example of linear master velocity (constant acceleration). Another approach that sina suggested me is to use exponential filters so that instead of quick jump to master position, slave position will incrementally catches master position. In this case we don't have a full control over the profile, but we can avoid the jump. [/quote] can you explain me more how exponential filter aviod the jump?

Guest majidy
[quote='bbrown' pid='735' dateline='1286098813'] [quote='majidy' pid='720' dateline='1285626018'] [quote='bbrown' pid='718' dateline='1285312286'] [quote='majidy' pid='716' dateline='1285199696'] the following document describes a custom slave motion profile when trigger happens. Master is moving with constant speed and when trigger happens slave should go through a custom motion profile to reach master velocity and position. This is equivalent to command move R in Yaskawa X Drives. A sample code is also included. [/quote] ;------------------------------------ The main purpose of this application is to be in sort time master and slave in a same position and velocity, The acc and the speed of the slave are limits. Can you find me solution to do it even if the speed of the master isn't constant? [/quote] theoretically if the equation of velocity and position of master in terms of time is known the custom slave motion can be generated. I have added a document describing this with an example of linear master velocity (constant acceleration). Another approach that sina suggested me is to use exponential filters so that instead of quick jump to master position, slave position will incrementally catches master position. In this case we don't have a full control over the profile, but we can avoid the jump. [/quote] can you explain me more how exponential filter aviod the jump? [/quote] I have added two more approaches in the attached documents. In exponential filter, master position is passed through a filter and then used in Ixx05 as master position for slave. The amount of delay is user selectable. There are some problems with this approach: 1-There is no control over what trajectory slave will follow, only time delay is user selectable 2- When I set my trigger by setting Ixx06=1, I observed a jump in slave velocity, so I had to set my Ixx06=1 from beginning of master movement to avoid this jump. 3- This does not compensate master position , it only catches master speed. Other approach is using time base. It can be used to synchronize slave to master speed. Even if master has variable speed , time base automatically synchronize slave speed to master speed. The limitation of this approach is it cannot compensate master distance , if master travels some distance when trigger happens.