OMRON Forums

Any possible solutions on CLIPPER Ethernet?

guonaldo

In my case, I need to get the acual position from CLIPPER every 5-ms.

As I know,the position register value is converted into string and send to the communication port one after another. Actually, the string length is usually 9-bytes. Besides the head and the tail of a fame,there are 13bits in total. The baudrate is supposed to be 13*1000*8bits/5s= 20800bps=20.8Kbps.

I had an experiment later. Using Pcom32.dll,I tried to send 'M162' using Ethernet. Clipper responsed to me. The fact is that one cycle spent more than 5ms.

So does it mean that 'request-respond' takes quite a long time? What should I do if I want CLIPPER send position data from Ethernet continously? Could I recieve proper data using TCP/IP debugger?

If clipper could send float number through RS-232 at 115200bps, that will be nice!

Thanks

guonaldo

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guonaldo,

If you need the actual position of the motor at a high update rate, you can get the desired PMAC (in your case Clipper) with Dual Ported Ram Option. Once you have this option, you can set up the PMAC to copy the data automatically every N servo cycles to DPR and using PcommServer Pro2 you can access the dual ported ram, without waiting for PMAC to respond and get the latest updated value from DPR.

Regards,

Thanks.That's sound really nice!

But in my case,it is not possible to extend DPR on clipper any more now. So is it possible to send position data to Ethernet continously? Using a simple PLC program, it can be realized simply. But I can get no data in TCP/IP debugger on my PC.

>_<

guonaldo,

you can initiate an unsolicited response by using SENDx commands from PLCs, but it won't be no where fast enough for what you're tying to achieve also, since SENDx commands have to be executed as CMD"" in PLCs and CMD"" are buffered, your sent data will not be synchronized to your actual position.

I didn't understand what you meant by " it is not possible to extend DPR on clipper any more now ". Do you already have DPR option? If not, you can always send the unit back to Delta Tau and request to add DPR option on it.

• 2 years later...

guonaldo,

you can initiate an unsolicited response by using SENDx commands from PLCs, but it won't be no where fast enough for what you're tying to achieve also, since SENDx commands have to be executed as CMD"" in PLCs and CMD"" are buffered, your sent data will not be synchronized to your actual position.

I didn't understand what you meant by " it is not possible to extend DPR on clipper any more now ". Do you already have DPR option? If not, you can always send the unit back to Delta Tau and request to add DPR option on it.

Dear Sina,

If I send the CLIPPER back and add DPR option on it. Will it be the same dimension as original?