OMRON Forums

Help needed in G02/03 programming

Raghav

Dear All,

I'm working on a 2-axis machine with UMAC controller. I'm facing problem in creating a curved surface using G02/03 code. The simulation of the NC code shows the curved profile being created. But the actual machining process is conical instead of concave shape. I had also tried giving nose radius compensation, but in vain. Also the controller takes the next G code from NC program before completing the current line. If a motion command is given like

g03 x10 z-3 r20

G00 X0 Z0

Even before the g03 command is completed, G00 command starts and the machine starts cutting in the return direction. But I had overcome this situation by giving

G00 Z0

G00 X0

So can anyone let me know what all command should be added to prevent the controller to track a linear path when circular motion is commanded. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raghav

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If Isx13 is zero circular moves are not permitted (if a circular move is requested, it will be done as a linear move). Segmentation mode (Isx13 > 0) also is required to use cutter-radius compensation (even if circle moves are not explicitly programmed).

Verify that your Isx13 for the coordinate system is greater than zero. I'm not sure what your other issue is - it may need further clarification. This would be best discussed with our Technical support group at support@deltatau.com.