OMRON Forums

Any examples of strtod in script code

daves

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see in V1.3 FIRMWARE UPDATES details of string functions on particular strtod looks useful to me. I cannot get it to work or find any examples... Any advice?

Have you seen the exmaple in the mathematical feature specification?

ftp://support.deltatau.com/DT-USA/Power%20PMAC%20Documentation/PDFs/Software%20Reference/Power%20PMAC%20Mathematical%20Feature%20Specification%202011-01.pdf

Check out the bottom of page 72.

Thanks shansen, I did see those as I posted but didn't get around to editing/addig to the post. I could not get them to work. The download said strtod was illegal (I am definitely running latest released firmware/IDE)

• 2 months later...

Running September release I still cannot get any of the Character Buffer Functions or String Manipulation Functions to work in my PLCs:

open plc 1
strcpy(256, "123")
p4 = strtod(256, 0)
close

These are detailed in "Power PMAC Script Mathematical Feature Specification.pdf", "Power PMAC Command Summary 2011-08.pdf", and "Power PMAC V1-3 Firmware Additions.pdf".

I cannot get them to download, and the intellisense has no knowledge of them. What am I doing wrong?

Dave

These string functions are truly functions, which means they have a return value, which must be "put" somewhere. Your first PLC program line:

strcpy(256,"123")

gives a syntax error. It is no more valid than

cosd(30)

as a program line. You need to make it something like:

p3=strcpy(256,"123")

Function names are not presently included in the Intellisense.

Thank you Curt. This works perfectly now, and I'm hopeful it could be a possible error reporting/logging mechanism in my project.

I guess the 'necessary return variable' is a PLC language feature?

My background is more C-type languages where it is acceptable to have lines such as strcpy(str, "123"); where the 'real' work happens in the parameters and you are uninterested in the result. Even cos(30); is a valid (if pointless) line.

Thanks again for putting me on the right track, your help is appreciated.

Dave