OMRON Forums

Is it possible to use Analog voltage as feedback?

Raghav

Hi,

I need to know whether i can use a analog voltage output as a feedback value in the ACC-24E2A card encoder input? If so what are the procedures to be followed. If I need to use a ADC, kindly send me a manual on how to configure it.

Thanks.

Raghav

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ACC-28E is 16 bit A/D and can be either 2 or 4 channels of +-10v input.

If you can accept lower quality feedback, the ACC-59E is 8 each of A/D + D/A unipolar or bipolar 20v but is only 12 bit. Usually limited to general purpose analog.

Either way you just bring the A/D value into the Encoder Conversion Table where you can shift, filter, etc and then point Ixx03 & Ixx04 to the result.

Since you will need to add a seperate board for your feedback it may be worthwhile to note that the 24E2A board has 2 analog outputs per channel. If you can forego the overtravel, home, etc inputs, you can drive two analog servo axis per channel.

Again, just point Ixx02 to one of the 'unused' D/A locations. You can find the addresses in the 24E2A manual.

You tell PMAC what to use for feedback by setting Ixx03 (for position feedback) and Ixx04 (for velocity feedback). These always should point to Encoder Conversion Table (ECT) output locations. So if you want to process an ADC input for your feedback using ACC-28E, you need to perform an “ACC-28E A/D Register” ECT entry (from PeWin, click "Configure-->Encoder Conversion Table":

ACC28E_ECT_Entry.png.0c241ec4c1f9c048cb0e0118d372fe71.png

You can also choose the integrated entry if you want. After selecting this entry type and the correct source address for the card and channel you want, click “Download Entry” and then point Ixx03 and Ixx04 to the value shown on this screen where it says “Processed Data Address”. After that, your motor associated with Ixx03 and Ixx04 that you just set will use that ADC channel as feedback.

If you want to use lower-resolution feedback, you can choose ACC-59E or ACC-36E, and then use the entry type called "Parallel pos from Y word" with filtering or no filtering.

For more details on the ECT, please read "Conversion Table I-Variables" in pages 209 and following of the Turbo Software Reference Manual.