Processing power

smr99

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Sina,

We don't yet know whether there is enough processing power; I was just exploring options should it turn out not to be. We're thinking of using a PMAC for master/slave control of two manipulator arms and the concern is whether we can run the kinematics, haptic feedback, and collision detection at 1kHz for both arms on one PMAC. As I say, we haven't done the analysis yet.

It looks like you will be doing very intensive calculations in your kinematics routines -- the actual kinematics plus (I expect) the collision detection. If you start running out of processing power here, you can convert this code to C through the new "CfromScript" subroutine feature. The actual kinematics routines just become a shell to pass off the calculations to the C routine. Equivalent calculations will execute over 10 times faster in compiled C as opposed to the Script.

Probably your haptic feedback will be done at servo rate. This also should be done in C, probably as a user-written servo for an extra "virtual" motor.