OMRON Forums

How to use pmh file to map to specific P var

KEJR

Hello,

I want to use the pmh file to define globals that can be used in both script and C programs but that need to map to *specific* P variables.

something like:

global P1000 MyVarName;

where in C code it translates to "pshm->P[1000]" (using script mode preprocessor define) and in script code it translates to "P1000".

I know I can do:

#define MyVarName pshm->P[1000]

and this will work for C code, but I believe it will bomb in the script environment.

Normally I don't want to know what P var it maps to, but in this case I have a block of P vars (P1000-P1999) that gets backed up to disk and I'd like to specify certain globals as Non Volatile by hard coding them to a variable in this range.

Thanks,

KEJR

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're almost there already. The syntax is like this:

#define MyVarName P1000

Then in Script you can access it as either MyVarName or P1000 equivalently, and then depending on your C P-Variable settings, you can refer to it as pshm->P[1000] or pshm->P[MyVarName] equivalently with the default P-Variable mapping, or as MyVarName with the new P-Variable mapping.

Does that answer your question, or did I miss something?

With the new features of pp_proj.h this is already made. Just do

#define myvar p1

in the .pmh file and after a build look at the pp_proj.h in the directive area for #ifdef _PPScriptMode_ and you will see we ahve made

#define myVar pshm->P[1]

for you. In the other thread you were involved in you alread know to add

#define _PPScriptMode_ into any C program before the include of pp_proj.h that you desire should use thse #defines

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much. I was sweating a little last night because I had put 3-5 days into the Non volatile memory module that requires fixed mapping to P variables and I didn't see any example code for this. Now we can access the "non volatile" block of P variables from HMI, Script, and C by symbolic name, which was my original intent.

The thing that was throwing me is that I thought I had to incorporate it into the "global" keyword syntax.

BTW, thanks again for implementing the script mode access for P vars, it is very cool. I have one project converted over already and it cleaned up the C code substantially and helps to eliminate mixing up Ptr vars and global vars.

Thank you,

KEJR