OMRON Forums

Multiple modbus connections

rodberg

Hi,

Quick background: I'm coming from the Turbo PMAC and have done very little C programming in a true multitasking environment.

I'm working on a system with the Power PMAC acting as a client to two Modbus TCP server units. I was originally setting them up to use two identical background C applications, which are modified from the Modbus examples. I was expecting the system to automatically start them both. This would let me vary the update rates easily. However, I found out that only one program runs by default. So, I feel I'm missing something basic. I can do some rearranging to combine the two into a state machine, but I feel I'm missing the point.

I do have them both writing to different sockets and different data structures, so they're not stepping on each other's toes.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Click on the Folder Name of each "C" APP. It will show "Run at Startup" No or Yes. Click on the "No" and select "Yes" for both and they will both run at startup. You are okay to run them as different APPs with different usleep(1000) times to select your rate of communication.