OMRON Forums

Newbie trying to load PLC

dennisg

Hello All,

I am a complete newbie to this IDE and architecture. How do I load and execute a .plc file ? I think it is done from the Tools->Task Manager but it is less than obvious for me how to do that.

TIA.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Solution Explorer within the IDE, click on PMAC Script Language-->PLC Programs. There you can add new programs by right-clicking on PLC Programs and then selecting Add-->New Item-->Script PLC.

Then, write your PLC and give it the number you want. E.g.

open plc 5

// contents

close

To run the PLC, type the following into the terminal:

enable plc 5

Thanks, I also figured out that it is RTPLC 0 and I ran it from the Task Manager. I think RTPLC means real time, I do see just a PLC in the table too.

I am coming in on old code written by someone long gone. He apparently had compiled this which is why I see in in the task manager. Where can I find the info on how to do compiles on PLC code when I need to make changes to this code ?

TIA.

In the Solution Explorer within the IDE, click on PMAC Script Language-->PLC Programs. There you can add new programs by right-clicking on PLC Programs and then selecting Add-->New Item-->Script PLC.

Then, write your PLC and give it the number you want. E.g.

open plc 5

// contents

close

To run the PLC, type the following into the terminal:

enable plc 5

Thanks for the reply, I eventually figured this out. Always fun learning new tools ;-)

You don't need to compile PLC code - it's interpreted. You just need to download it if you make changes. You can do this by right-clicking your solution and then clicking "Build and Download All Programs"