OMRON Forums

position compare without encoder

deltaa

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mircostepping uses a simulated feedback in the Turbo PMAC's memory and doesn't use any of the DSPGate1 ASIC functionality which position compare is one of them. If you want to do a position compare, the best way is to set up a virtual motor using an internal pulse and direction on one of the available channels on one of your DSPGate1 ASIC(s) and set it as a slave to your microstepped channel and perform all the position capture on the virtual axis.

I hope this helps.

The mircostepping uses a simulated feedback in the Turbo PMAC's memory and doesn't use any of the DSPGate1 ASIC functionality which position compare is one of them. If you want to do a position compare, the best way is to set up a virtual motor using an internal pulse and direction on one of the available channels on one of your DSPGate1 ASIC(s) and set it as a salve to your microsteped channel and perform all the position capture on the virtual axis.

I hope this helps.

Trying to use motor #1 for direct micro stepping and motor #4 as the virtual motor with internal pulse & direction wrapped back, with the following setup, both motors work fine individually.

; ECT for motor #1

I8000=$6800BF

I8001=$10020

I8002=$EC0009

; ECT for motor #4

I8003=$C78018

;virtual motor #4

I400=1

I401=0

I402=$7801C

I403=@I8003

I404=@I8003

I405=@I8002

I406=1

I7040=8

I7046=3

When trying to move motor #4 along, position compare works no problem. When enable position following on #4 and moving motor #1, position compare does not work. It seems motor #4 does not "follow". What could be wrong?

Thanks