OMRON Forums

MACRO Ring communication

RickJames

Let me start by saying that I inherited this problem from someone else and there is still alot about the MACRO devices I don't understand. Anyway, here is the problem. I have an ACC-5E MACRO card in a rack with a TURBO pmac and 3 ACC-24EA2 axis cards passing data to an ACC-5E MACRO card in another rack with a Power Pmac. Sometimes the positional data from the first axis card is not being updated on the Power Pmac side. The data from the second and third axis card, along with some other I/O data, are still being updated. Issuing a $$$ reset in the PWIN32Pro command window doesn't correct the problem. If I cycle power on the TURBO rack it will come up working sometimes, sometimes not. But once it is working it continues to work until the power is cycled again, or until the MACRO ring is broken and re-established (disconnect fiber optic cable). There is no macro error, so I'm assuming the MACRO is transferring whatever is left in the buffer, it just never changes. How do I verify that the positional data is getting from the axis card (which is always updating correctly) to the MACRO card for transfer? Where are the registers or buffers I need to look at? And also what is a good manual for this problem? I've looked throught the TURBO Pmac manual and looked at some of the variables it calls out, but didin't find what I needed. Thanks for the help and sorry for the long post.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick,

You can check Gate3.MacroInA[j][0], where j is the node number. This will hold the feedback information coming back on that node. If you see that it is unchanging even when the motor is moving, something is wrong.

You should check whether all the nodes you want to use are properly activated on both the Turbo and the Power PMACs. On Turbo, this is with I6840, I6841, I70, and I71. On Power PMAC, it's Gate3.MacroModeA, Gate3.MacroModeB, Gate3.MacroEnableA, and Gate3.MacroEnableB.

You also need to make sure that the phase clocks on the Turbo and the Power PMAC are the same. You can set the clocks on Turbo with I6800 through I6803, and on Power with Gate3.PhaseFreq, Gate3.PhaseClockDiv, Gate3.PhaseClockMult, and Sys.PhaseOverServoPeriod.

If you send me an email at support at deltatau dot com (convert this to an actual email address, I wrote it like that to prevent robots from parsing it), with "Charles, please send me the PPMAC MACRO User Manual" or something I will reply with my preliminary Power PMAC MACRO User Manual, as it hasn't been posted online yet. This should hopefully help you troubleshoot the issue and also properly set those registers I mentioned.

If it turns out you're actually using an ACC-5E in your Power PMAC rack, not an ACC-5E3, the registers will be different but my manual addresses it all either way.