OMRON Forums

Advise on NC-pro software

Raghav

Dear All,

Currently we are using our custom GUI for our machines with PMAC-Turbo2 controllers. But we see there some G-codes which are still non-functional in the machine. I would like to understand and like Delta-tau to helps us suggesting the better solution with regards to the following points:

1) What is the benefit of using NC-pro software? Is all the G & M codes which machine specific (Lathe or Mill) readily available when the NC-pro is installed?

2) Since we have dedicated so much of man-hour in our GUI and also we have integrated some of the machine specific applications into the GUI, what will be the best way to include all the standard G and M codes to the machine? Also is it possible to add-in the custom application into DT's NC-HMI?

3) What is the difference between NC-Pro and NC-HMI both runtime & designer?

3)Would like to know if we can buy the NC library which might have all the G-codes and may be we might tweak the code to specific our machine's configuration.

I would like to have a detailed answer for these queries since it will be a huge leap in terms of software upgrade at our end. Kindly let me know any contact no. or mail ID through which we could get a personalized support from DT.

Thank you for the efforts in advance and sorry about a lengthier query.

Regards,

Raghav

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In order to give you a meaningful answer to your question we would need to know what existing functionality you have already implemented in your machine, both G-code and custom machine specific.

The NC-Pro2 software comes with a standard set of G-codes for a mill and lathe. You can download the manual from the website.

It is possible to add custom functionality to the NC software interface through the PMAC-NC Pro2 Designer.

I can supply you with the same set of G-codes we use in our software. I will email you directly to continue this conversation.