OMRON Forums

ECAT device XML file update failure

FWTech

The IO device is under the Master[] Deactivated\IO Devices\, but no any PDO under the Input or Output node. I copy the device .xml file into ..\Power PMAC Suite\ECATDeviceFiles folder, and then right-click the device and click "Update Device File". After selecting that device and click "Update Device File" button on the Select EtherCAT device dialog, the error messages appear on Setup Messages window as in the screenshot. I tried the device .xml files from three different vendors, unfortunately same problem. Of cause, any PDO can't be found under the Input or Output node after such "update device file". My Power PMAC IDE is v1.5.0.21. From my current experience to do the EtherCAT setup with this IDE, the "Append Device" and "Update Device File" seem always to fail, no matter with Online Setup mode or Offline Setup mode.

Anybody have any idea about what's wrong I made?

Thanks for your help.

2132647140_ECATdeviceXMLfile.thumb.png.8bd2b3e3fa980c50d0b7473e5e5feaf7.png

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The IO device is under the Master[] Deactivated\IO Devices\, but no any PDO under the Input or Output node. I copy the device .xml file into ..\Power PMAC Suite\ECATDeviceFiles folder, and then right-click the device and click "Update Device File". After selecting that device and click "Update Device File" button on the Select EtherCAT device dialog, the error messages appear on Setup Messages window as in the screenshot. I tried the device .xml files from three different vendors, unfortunately same problem. Of cause, any PDO can't be found under the Input or Output node after such "update device file". My Power PMAC IDE is v1.5.0.21. From my current experience to do the EtherCAT setup with this IDE, the "Append Device" and "Update Device File" seem always to fail, no matter with Online Setup mode or Offline Setup mode.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

The error message Not Assign slave form your attached screen means the PowerPMAC EtherCAT structures are not configured or initialized. Right click on the Master and then select Configure master. This will initialize the internal structures of ECAT. Then try to update the file. On success you will get the message box saying the file updated for device . You can also refer to the IDE manual available and can be downloaded from FileDepot. Look for Setup program that explains all the options.

Hope I answere your question.

Atul

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

The error message Not Assign slave form your attached screen means the PowerPMAC EtherCAT structures are not configured or initialized. Right click on the Master and then select Configure master. This will initialize the internal structures of ECAT. Then try to update the file. On success you will get the message box saying the file updated for device . You can also refer to the IDE manual available and can be downloaded from FileDepot. Look for Setup program that explains all the options.

Hope I answere your question.

Atul

Thanks a lot for your answers. Actually I just downloaded the IDE manual from FileDepot one week ago and followed the Setup steps to try different options for configuring an EtherCAT device from its xml file. In following your instruction, I try it again and record the steps below.

1. Verify the Phase frequency 12.001 kHz, Servo frequence 4 kHz and Servo period 0.25 msec.

2. Right click the Master[0] Deactivated and select the Configure Master[0]. The ECAT Configure dialog shows up with "Configuring Master will reset ..." and then click Yes button. The following messages appear on Setup Messages.

Module - Setup Motor: EtherCAT devices configured successfully! (Green)

Module - Setup Motor: Default device file C:\....\ECATDeviceFiles\does not exists for VendorID ... (Red)

Module - Setup Motor: EtherCAT devices scaned successfully! (Green)

Question 1: the device xml file is under ECATDeviceFiles indeed, why the IDE show it doesn't?

3. Right click the device under IO Devices tree and select the Update Device File. On the Select EtherCAT device dialog, select the IO module under its xml and click Update Device File button. Click OK button on Update Complete dialog.

4. Close the Select EtherCAT device dialog. The following messages on Setup Messages pop up.

Module -ECAT Device Details: Default specification file does not exists.(Red)

Module -ECAT Device Details: Please set default xml description file for this ECAT device. (Red)

Obviously, this configuration fails, no any PDO under Input or Output node. As I mentioned, I tried the different ECAT device xml files, unfortunately same result with PPMAC IDE. However, if I use other EtherCAT Master tools to setup these devices, it works. Could you point out what step I missed with PPMAC IDE, or do I need some special settings in the IDE?

Thanks.