OMRON Forums

PLC0 was disabled automatically

hibitor

Yes, I wrote a PLC0 program. make it monitor the digital inputs. But when running a long time, it was aways disabled automatically withour any foreboding. It occurs about one time a day(8 hours) on average. the whole PLC0 program is just less then 12 lines. So, anyone can give me some ideas?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you determine the PLC 0 is disabled?

A "DISABLE PLC 0" or "PAUSE PLC 0" command, setting I5=0 or 2 or PMAC recieving a CONTROL-D character will stop the execution of a PLC 0. Check to see if any of these are occuring.

Do other PLCs continue to run?

Can you post the PLC code?

How do you determine the PLC 0 is disabled?

A "DISABLE PLC 0" or "PAUSE PLC 0" command, setting I5=0 or 2 or PMAC recieving a CONTROL-D character will stop the execution of a PLC 0. Check to see if any of these are occuring.

Do other PLCs continue to run?

Can you post the PLC code?

Yes, this is part of a big windows software, when the PLC0 program was disabled, the software doesn't work properly, So I can see it when it occurs, then I use the 'PeWin32' to watch the state of the PLC. the state of the PLC0 is not running. But the PLC1 and PLC31's (the all others PLC's) running are ok.

I checked the points, 'Disable' and 'PAUSE' are not used, I5=3, Controll and 'D' is not triggered at all.

the PLC0 code is :

/////////////////////////////////////////

IF(M10=0)

ENDIF

IF(M12=0AND P8001=1 AND M3=0)

P8006=72

M3=1

M6=1

ENDIF

IF(P8005=1ANDP8002=1ANDM10=0)

P8002=0

P8008=1

P8003=65087

M4003=M4003&P8003

ENDIF

////////////////////////////////////////////

so, what else other reasons can cause the error?

If this is the complete PLC0 code then I see nothing that would cause this issue.

What is the purpose of the:

/////////////////////////////////////////

IF(M10=0)

ENDIF

Yes, it is entire code.

Er.,the "IF(M10=0) ENDIF" is just reserved for future use, no sense at here.

Or I should change another piece of Clipper card for a test, is it meaningful?

• 4 weeks later...

That is somewhat of a carryover from non-turbo days with slower CPUs, particularly at 20 MHz. It is much less likely to be a problem with a Turbo PMAC. If foreground PLCs (PLC0/PLCC0) are large enough, a watchdog might occur, especially at power-up. Running a large motion program(s) at power-up will compound the problem.

Another consideration is that if background initialization PLCs are large enough, they might not complete before the foreground PLC runs.