OMRON Forums

About ACC-68E connection

prbt

Hi,

I purchased an ACC-68E with Sinking Ultra(Pn: 3-3595A-00-0000-B200).

1) For the card, 24 IN/24 OUTPUT are all configured as sinking. However, ACC-68E user manual(Ver. 2014 Feb) writes that the inputs can only be configured as sourcing on Page 8. I am puzzled at that.

2) According to following digital wiring diagram for S700 drive by Kollmorgen, an output from 68E needs to be connected to DIGITAL-IN1 to reset drive fault. I wonder if the sinking configuraion works. Or I have to purchase one more 68E with sourcing outputs.

3) An ACC-24E3(Pn: 3-4002A6666-3232-B00) is also purchased. For amplifier-enable output signal, can AE_NO_x of 24E3 be connected to Enable of S700 and AE_Com_x to DGND and XGND of S700?

It seems that S700 is a sourcing drive. I wonder if the amplifier-enable of 24E3 can be configured for a sourcing or a sinking output. If it can, how to do it?

Thank you!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I purchased an ACC-68E with Sinking Ultra(Pn: 3-3595A-00-0000-B200).

1) For the card, 24 IN/24 OUTPUT are all configured as sinking. However, ACC-68E user manual(Ver. 2014 Feb) writes that the inputs can only be configured as sourcing on Page 8. I am puzzled at that.

2) According to following digital wiring diagram for S700 drive by Kollmorgen, an output from 68E needs to be connected to DIGITAL-IN1 to reset drive fault. I wonder if the sinking configuraion works. Or I have to purchase one more 68E with sourcing outputs.

3) An ACC-24E3(Pn: 3-4002A6666-3232-B00) is also purchased. For amplifier-enable output signal, can AE_NO_x of 24E3 be connected to Enable of S700 and AE_Com_x to DGND and XGND of S700?

It seems that S700 is a sourcing drive. I wonder if the amplifier-enable of 24E3 can be configured for a sourcing or a sinking output. If it can, how to do it?

Thank you!

1.png.f71c8af521a5189ff7e8acf500e75f5e.png

1. The inputs on this card are activated with a conducting ground connection if the respective return connection is 12-24 VDC. The input ground connection must be referenced to this power supply.

2. The ouputs will conduct to ground referenced to the 12-24 VDC power supply used on the ouputs connector. This must also be referenced by the drive.

3. The drive appears to use a conducting ground connection for the enable. So the AE_NO_x of 24E3 should be connected to the enable of of the drive referenced toground through AE_Com_x (ground of the drive).

If you continue to have issues please contact our technical support group at support@deltatau.com or 1-818-717-5656.

1. The inputs on this card are activated with a conducting ground connection if the respective return connection is 12-24 VDC. The input ground connection must be referenced to this power supply.

2. The ouputs will conduct to ground referenced to the 12-24 VDC power supply used on the ouputs connector. This must also be referenced by the drive.

3. The drive appears to use a conducting ground connection for the enable. So the AE_NO_x of 24E3 should be connected to the enable of of the drive referenced toground through AE_Com_x (ground of the drive).

If you continue to have issues please contact our technical support group at support@deltatau.com or 1-818-717-5656.