OMRON Forums

mapping #2v online command to ADC channel ACC-59E3

windell747

I'm new to the PMAC and in my application I know that sending the #2v online command will give me the velocity of motor 2 via a tach voltage read by ADC channel 1.

I'm trying to change so that sending #2v reads the voltage on a different channel. How might I do this? Where do I configure this?

thank you,

Windell

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm new to the PMAC and in my application I know that sending the #2v online command will give me the velocity of motor 2 via a tach voltage read by ADC channel 1.

I'm trying to change so that sending #2v reads the voltage on a different channel. How might I do this? Where do I configure this?

thank you,

Windell

Hi,

First, you need to bring your ADC channels into the Encoder Conversion Table (ECT) like the ACC-59E3 manual describes on page 19.

Next, if you must stick to using #2 (i.e. commands related to motor 2), you can redirect Motor[2].pEnc for position and Motor[2].pEnc2 for velocity to EncTable[n].a, where n corresponds with the ECT entry associated with the channel you want to read.

Note that if the analog voltage you are reading represents a tachometer reading, you don't need to issue #2v, as that would be giving you the derivative of the voltage, which would represent acceleration. You can just issue #2p to read the tachometer speed in voltage directly.

Further note that if you simply need to read the ADC result, you can use the ptr variable assignments given on page 15 directly and not bother with the ECT or motor assignments.

Hi,

First, you need to bring your ADC channels into the Encoder Conversion Table (ECT) like the ACC-59E3 manual describes on page 19.

Next, if you must stick to using #2 (i.e. commands related to motor 2), you can redirect Motor[2].pEnc for position and Motor[2].pEnc2 for velocity to EncTable[n].a, where n corresponds with the ECT entry associated with the channel you want to read.

Note that if the analog voltage you are reading represents a tachometer reading, you don't need to issue #2v, as that would be giving you the derivative of the voltage, which would represent acceleration. You can just issue #2p to read the tachometer speed in voltage directly.

Further note that if you simply need to read the ADC result, you can use the ptr variable assignments given on page 15 directly and not bother with the ECT or motor assignments.

thank you very much for making my eyes look elsewhere! It all makes sense now.

Hi,

thank you very much for making my eyes look elsewhere! It all makes sense now.

Hi,