OMRON Forums

Downloading source code from PMAC

windell747

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, PMAC does not store the source code for code which is compiled (i.e. compiled PLCs or open servo algorithms).

Forgive me, but when I compile my code I see in the build feedback "Downloading x.c to power pmac". This leads me to believe that the source is uploaded to the pmac and then is compile onboard. I apologize if this is a dumb question or and RTFM answer.

If you are asking about C Language source code in the Power PMAC then yes this is possible. In the Properties page for the project (right-mouse click and select properties) under “Power PMAC project general properties” there is a switch to select “Download C Source Files”.

The C-code is compiled on the PC using a cross compiler. The object code is sent to the PMAC.

If you are asking about C Language source code in the Power PMAC then yes this is possible. In the Properties page for the project (right-mouse click and select properties) under “Power PMAC project general properties” there is a switch to select “Download C Source Files”.

The C-code is compiled on the PC using a cross compiler. The object code is sent to the PMAC.

Wonderful! Thanks! After I set this, where would the source code be located on the PMAC?

Upon download the files are stored in the project folder in volatile ram at “/var/ftp/usrflash/Project/” with the same folder structure as the project on the PC. The object code is also there (the .ko, .so and .out files).

After a “save” command they are stored in flash memory at”/opt/ppmac/usrflash/Project/”.

I have run across a PMAC VME system in which the owner can only supply a *.PP file -- Can the source code be extracted from this file?

Thanks

The file type you describe, "*.PP" does not conform to any of the "saved configuration" file types used by Delta Tau software.

For further assistance please email the file to support@deltatau.com for evaluation.