OMRON Forums

Cloning a power PMAC application

cdesilva

Hi All,

The project that I am involved with requires cloning an existing Power PMAC code. I am a Turbo PMAC user (NSLSII GEO_BRICK) and am new to Power PMAC. I went over the documentation and was able to connect and add the existing project code successfully. I was also able to successfully build the code as well. Also I would like to note that the IDE version that I am using required me to migrate the code, which I was able to do successfully (please refer to the attached screen shots).

1. As a first step I simply tried building the code. That went successfully.

2. I then tried build and downloading the code. I am getting an error; ( error #70)

Please find the attached PDF file where I have copy paste the relevant output messages. Afterwards I tried going over the software reference manual, but, did not succeed.

Some more detail about the system.

I am trying to use the POWER PMAC (model information is attached) to drive a servo motor using it's driver. The source code that I am trying to clone it from have the exact same driver+motor combination. And there are some differences which I would like to note below.

a. Existing project uses a Power UMAC instead of a Power PMAC. This should not be a significant difference.

b. Differences between control signal I/O and limits

Existing project: AMP3 ; New project: AMP1

Existing project: ENC4 ; New project: ENC1

Existing project: GPIO on J7 ; New project: GPIO on X15

Existing project: Limits on J4 ; New project: Limits on X13

I have also attached a ZIP file of the project code for your reference. I appreciate your help in getting this going.

Thank you,

Chanaka De Silva

NSLSII controls group

CodeMigration_1.thumb.png.6c2c8fbfd7cdf132cd074f632b7dd2cd.png

CodeMigration_2.thumb.png.a2d8810a779c70b4b0ffa0678fe03bb8.png

ProjectBuildRecord.pdf

PowerBrickController.png.265f189890517d3fca1b112b50484075.png

PowerPmac_VCII.tar.gz

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I was able to find a possible culprit for the error. The UMAC that has been used in the existing project has modules inserted, whereas Power brick does not. I herewith attach a picture of the UMAC controller. I would assume the processors are the same. I am going to try making the appropriate changes and see how it goes.

Thank you,

Chanaka

IMG_2352.thumb.jpg.30f271bed2d1e7b07ea6d9395327b852.jpg

Dear Chanaka,

Your project got an error on this line:

EncTable[1].pEnc=Acc24E3[0].Chan[0].ServoCapt.a

The line should work on all hardware if you change it to:

EncTable[1].pEnc=Gate3[0].Chan[0].ServoCapt.a

Gate3 can be replaced by a hardware specific alias.

On a Power Brick the alias would be PowerBrick.

On a UMAC the Gate3 chip is on the accessory 24E3 so the alias is Acc24E3.

Regards,

Eric

Thank you Eric. I was able to get pass that error. I am now getting the proper encoder feedback from the external Nikki Denso driver. I am still working on getting the SERVO motor JOG going. I will get back to the thread if I come across any further concerns.

Greetings,

Chanaka