OMRON Forums

Geo MACRO Drive with stepper motor

wlewis

Is the Geo MACRO Drive capable of driving a two phase stepper motor? My reading of the user manual suggests not, but I wanted to get confirmation of this.

We have a stepper motor that is larger than can be driven by our GeoBrick-LVs, and we are not able to use the step/direction outputs from the GeoBrick as we are using absolute encoders on all channels.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

But if you are prepared to use a Geo MACRO amplifier, you could use an Acc24EM2A and configure that to use PFM output. This requires some internal jumpers to be changed.

We have done it here at Diamond Light Source to connect to amplifiers that derive the DC link by rectifying the mains input, giving me a 6A 350VDC amplifier.

But if you are prepared to use a Geo MACRO amplifier, you could use an Acc24EM2A and configure that to use PFM output. This requires some internal jumpers to be changed.

We have done it here at Diamond Light Source to connect to amplifiers that derive the DC link by rectifying the mains input, giving me a 6A 350VDC amplifier.