OMRON Forums

Master CoE

Wouter

Hello,

For a program that we want to write, we need to know if (and how many) lost frames there are. With the PMAC IDE, in diagnostic mode, I'm able to see this in the master object dictionary 0x2002 (Bus Diagnosis Object) subindex 9. I can't seem to find any command in the software reference manual that allows me to access this value.

My question is, is there a command that allows me to read master object dictionary values value (in gpascii -2 mode)?

Thanks in advance,

Wouter

forum.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Wouter,

You can use the ecattypedsdo command to read any item that shows up in the device’s Object Dictionary. If you want to read it frequently, you may be better off modifying a PDO Mapping to include it, assuming the device supports reading that object as a PDO.

-Shadi

Hi Shadi,

I'm using the ecattypedsdo command to read/write register values from slaves, but I don't know how to use it for the master.

The ecattypedsdo function takes 7 arguments one of which is the slave index. Since the master doesn't have an slave index I don't know how that function will work for getting the master CoE dictionary.

Can you perhaps post an example? 

- Wouter