OMRON Forums

Motor Setup Issue

Raghav

Hi,

We are setting up a brushless motor (LM). We have not been able to set it up both through the wizard and manual setup mode. Our hardware is ACC24E3 with ACI and 465 (Dual core APM) CPU. We need some procedure/manual to guide us through as we couldn't succeed in setting up the axis. Attached are some screenshots of the error during the open loop and initial tuning. The velocity plot shows few spikes which corresponds to some positional jerk motion. We are using a 0.512 micron pitch encoder. This eventually leads to I2T fault on the PMAC amplifier end.

Looking forward for some suggestions with regards to

1) Ideal Phase, Servo and Enc clock settings

2) Any methods to check the encoder signal loss (inside pmac). We had testing the encoder using the OEM provided electronics. The signal strength is above 85% across the motion range.

3)Phasing - To use the Hall sensor and make a motion-less power-ON phasing protocol. If this method is not recommended, kindly recommend a suitable/reliable method for phasing

4)Tuning guide. 

Kindly let me know if you need any further information. 

Regards,

Raghav

20220315_173704.jpg

20220315_173546.jpg

IMG-20220314-WA0030.jpeg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Raghav, the encoder feedback should be ok since you have tested the output for the whole range (when motor is not on?)

The amplifier/motor noise is highly suspectable, it may interference with the feedback. Chekc the wiring and make sure the feedback/motor cables are properly earthed, and they are separacted in the track.

On 3/17/2022 at 1:48 PM, Raghav said:

Hi Zhong,

Thank you for the reply. I will look into the wiring and get back to you.

Regards,

Raghav

Hi Zhong,

We isolated all the cables and checked for the wiring. The probelm is still persistent and not sure what these spikes mean. We have infact seperated even the power for PMAC and motor from rest of the machine. When I perform the open and closed loop test stilll the issue occurs. Starngely, the servo command produces spikes (as shown in attached picture). Any suggestion/advice will be helpful. Thank you.

Regards,

Raghav

Servo_Command_Error.jpg

• 2 weeks later...