OMRON Forums

IDE 4.5.1.3 Crash after successful phasing reference search

Raghav

Hi,

We face this problem of IDE crashing each time the motor testing is performed. It works fine until the test does not succeed, but crashes soon after the tests are successful. Similar situation with tuning module as well. Is it common or any bug related to IDE wizard mode? Also setting up of encoder type to 7 ( extended hardware ACI) is not possible through the wizard mode. Kindly suggest a remedy for the above mentioned issues. 

Also I'm looking for a set-up manual/guide to perform motor commissioning. looking forward to hear from someone.

Regards,

Raghav

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I've seen that one specifically before (IDE Crashing specifically after testing is successful). We may be able to submit a bug report for our software team to investigate, but we would need much more information (which IDE version, which PMAC product, which firmware version, what type of motor, which screens specifically are you on when it crashes...ideally, a screen recording would be even better than a description of where/how it crashes).

While we are still actively working on developing the wizard, we do acknowledge it does not cover all of the things users can do with Power PMAC. Without knowing your PMAC, it's hard to direct you to a specific document, however the Power Brick LV ARM manual does have a section discussing how to configure a Sinusoidal Encoder being read through a product with the ACI option--the settings should be nearly identical for most hardware form factors.