OMRON Forums

Motor[x].FeFatal tripping when Following error below Motor[x].FatalFeLimit only when jogging

sdefisher

• I have a motor that is tripping a fatal following error fault when the observed following error is well below the Motor[x].FatalFeLimit.  I've used the plot/gather system to prove that the following error is 25% of the limit when the FeFatal error kicks on. This only occurs when using a handwheel (master follower) or jog commands/jog ribbon. If I grab the axis and push it by hand, it trips the FeFatal error at the correct limit value.
  • The motor jogs fine with the limit set to 0 (disabled). So I know it's not a drive fault kicking the motor off. Any reccomended troubleshooting steps?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, steve.milici said:

Make sure the phase frequency is greater than the servo frequency and gather on phase. I suspect that the jog ribbon and master following could be producing spikes in FE that servo rate gather does not see.

That did it. There is a very very short spikes in the feedback that is sub millisecond. My previous gather settings weren't fast enough to catch it. Looking into the wiring/feedback cables now. Is there a time component/setting to any of the feedback settings? Some CNC's have a time constant for controlling following error faults. Although I think that would just be a band aid in this case.