OMRON Forums

Mount Windows shared folder with mount.cifs

RafaelFalcaro

Hi,

I'm trying to mount a Windows shared folder on /tmp/test folder of my Delta Tau. The controller and computer are connected trough a ethernet cable in a LAN configuration (and I can ping the controller from the Windows PC).

I'm executing the following command on Delta Tau to mount the Windows shared folder:

mount.cifs -o user=nom.comum //192.168.0.201/DeltaTau /tmp/test

But the command response:

mount error(112): Host is down
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

I think there's is a problem with the mount.cifs version (that is 6.4), because I have another controller with the mount.cifs at the 6.7 version.

Questions:

1 - Has anyone had to do the same procedure I'm trying?

2 - How can I update the cifs-utils package on Delta Tau?

I don't have a great answer myself, since when I played with it last, I couldn't find a single command that worked on every PMAC/computer pair. That said, I used a few different arguments when I was trying to do it myself:

mount -t cifs -o vers=3.0,user=UserName,password=Password123,domain=192.168.0.114 //192.168.0.114/PMAC_Shared /mnt/shared

Including the password directly in the command may not be reasonable for how you are trying to do it, so feel free to leave that out. I know that on at least one computer it started working after adding the "vers=3.0" (and I did also try 2.1 and 2.0, though I can't remember if that "fixed" any computer/PMAC pairs), but it was not a perfect solution, either.

• Thanks 1