OMRON Forums

Upload program from PMAC Pack to PC

Hi, 

I am working on a PMAC pack that is working with other two PMAC PC 833 to control a XY gantry. I wonder if there is any quick way to plug and play into the PMAC pack system to pull its "G-code" program to verify with our backup program. 

I tried to use the RS232 port on all three unit but none of them were seem to be fo und as COM port on a computer. I wonder if the manual said that if RS422 is taken then RS232 would be inoperative. Is there another way?

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you cannot verify the option ordered open the unit and follow the cable back to see if the OPT-9LPP is installed. The cables should be labeled as described in the PMAC-Pack manual. Otherwise try both connections to see which one provides communication.

Hi Steve, 

Thank you for your response. Sorry that it took me a while to get back. I opened the panel and saw the JTHW Port (Dsub 25 pin connector) is occupied and the other end is into PLC I/O cards. Is that why the PMAC PACK did not give a response back to the computer when using RS232 cable? 

Also, we had 2 modules of PC833.image.thumb.jpeg.3fd8565e556f9c5ca1a8af8159b80157.jpeg The RS232 serial port on there does not give any talk to the computer either when I plug them in. There is a J3 feedback port - looks like a D sub connector - I think it is for encoder feedback. 

If we ought to make a connection to make changes on the gantry control, do all the connections need to come off ?

Thank you!

image.thumb.jpeg.0fa7360e6ed15e6bcfb19c88290d67fe.jpeg

You appear to be misinterpreting the connectors as I do not see a cable connected to the serial port in your picture. It is below the JTHW port connector. From your picture, this unit does not have the RS-422 connector. Note that connecting a serial port to the JTHW connector could damage the I/O section.

All encoder connections are above on the “green” terminal blocks.

You should be referring to the manual for this product: https://assets.omron.com/m/38e520a2268425bd/original/PMAC-Pack-Manual.pdf

Also, I do not know the “PC833” as this is not an Omron product.

Since this would be a technical support issue, please contact ODT's direct technical support with your full issue details at: ODT-Support@Omron.com.

4 hours ago, steve.milici said:

erpreting the connectors as I do not see a cable connected to the serial port in your picture. It is below the JTHW port connector. From your picture, this unit does not have the RS-422 connector.

Thanks for the instruction. I will contact them and seek for help.

I would never connect a serial port to the JTHW. The picture is the current state of that port.