OMRON Forums

PcommServer question

mbalentine

Using PcommServer to replace PTalk and rewriting to .NET 3.5

I don't understand the usage of DPRGetShort().

It uses an integer value for 'address' as opposed to an 'offset' value. No variable to identify X/Y memory bank.

How is 'address' used to specify which bank the 16bit short is in ??

Also, is there an updated manual for PCommServer ? Mine is dated Feb '06 and is not very thorough or complete.

The only other related manual I can find is PComm32 from April '05.

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parameters of DPRGetShort() include the device number, offset address, variable to hold two bytes, and boolean flag to indicate success od failure. There is no need to specify an X or Y register.

The address parameter is to indicate the start address and next two bytes are to be read and casted ad 16 bit integer value.

See the following code for prototype.

Farooq

STDMETHODIMP CPmacDevice::DPRGetShort(LONG dwDevice, LONG address, SHORT* pVal,VARIANT_BOOL *pbSuccess)

{

CHECKDEVICEPARAM(dwDevice);

CHECKPOINTER2(pVal,pbSuccess);

(theApp.DPRGetMem(dwDevice,address,sizeof(short),pVal) != NULL) ?

*pbSuccess = VARIANT_TRUE : *pbSuccess = VARIANT_FALSE;

return S_OK;

}

It uses an integer value for 'address' as opposed to an 'offset' value. No variable to identify X/Y memory bank.

Also, is there an updated manual for PCommServer ? Mine is dated Feb '06 and is not very thorough or complete.

Thanks

DPR offset in PMAC starts with Y address (16-bit wide) and then X address (16-bit wide).

For example, RX:$60000 is same as DPRGetShort(dwDevice, 2, 2, bSuccess). Please notice that PC offset is 4 times the PMAC offset. Please verify these e numbers by launching DPRViewer from Pewin32Pro2's view menu.

Farooq

Parameters of DPRGetShort() include the device number, offset address, variable to hold two bytes, and boolean flag to indicate success od failure. There is no need to specify an X or Y register.

The address parameter is to indicate the start address and next two bytes are to be read and casted ad 16 bit integer value.

See the following code for prototype.

Farooq

STDMETHODIMP CPmacDevice::DPRGetShort(LONG dwDevice, LONG address, SHORT* pVal,VARIANT_BOOL *pbSuccess)

{

CHECKDEVICEPARAM(dwDevice);

CHECKPOINTER2(pVal,pbSuccess);

(theApp.DPRGetMem(dwDevice,address,sizeof(short),pVal) != NULL) ?

*pbSuccess = VARIANT_TRUE : *pbSuccess = VARIANT_FALSE;

return S_OK;

}

Thanks

There is an update manual but you must purchase it. To upgrade your Pcomm Server license is roughly $250 and you must contact your distributor to do so. PComm32 is a different product from this, so its manual does not apply.

The arguments to DPRGetShort() are as follows:

Arguments

Inputs:

dwDevice: Device number, type long

offset: Offset from the start of dual ported RAM, type long

Outputs:

pVal: Pointer to Short Value to copy, short*, Output

pbSuccess: True if success, type BOOL , Output

DP memory uses the lowest 16 bits of both X/Y memory as page 246 of the Turbo PMAC User Manual describes. So, there is no need to specify X or Y memory.

• 3 months later...