OMRON Forums

phasing-search error occured

wskpefqp

i am now using IMAC FLEX to drive a linear moter with a sinusoidal amplifer.

everytime i power the controller, open the Pewin Pro2 software , the phasing search error moter status bit is set there, i reset that bit by making m148=0, then save it. but the next time i power on the controller, that setting bit still exists.

i can not figure out ,because the varible I180 is 6, means power on phasing search is disabled(phasing method:stepper moter method),why do i get that setting bit?

Is there someone to help me out ?

a million thanks!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks, charlesP.

I read the controller user manual and found some line saying" if turbo pmac is commutating the motor and it is a synchronous motor, a phasing reference must be eastablished with the $ command as part of the enabling process. the motor cannot be enabled before a successful phasing reference is established,

because the motor 'phasing reference error' status bit that is automatically set on power-up/reset will not be cleared."

Does that mean everytime the motor is powered , that status bit will be set automatically ? what is the purpose ? Is that a bug in Pewin software?

there is another line reading " if Ixx81 is set to zero, a power-on phasing search routine is required for synchronous fixed-field motors"

Does that mean the automatic phasing search routine defined by Ixx80 starts to be executed the moment the controller is powered and the phasing process failed, so the controller set the 'phasing-search error bit'.

i know that sounds crazy because what i thought conflicts with my Ixx80 setting (Ixx80=6 power-on phasing disabled,stepper motor method), i`m really confused !

That error bit is set on controller power-up or motor reset($). It is cleared after a successful phasing search. What you are seeing is normal with I180=6. You must issue a "#1$" command to begin the phasing search. If it is successful that error bit will be cleared. You can then normally enable and disable the motor without having to do another phasing search until the next power cycle(or if feedback is lost somehow).

Maybe the controller works like this , if you disable the phasing search move, it will notify the user that the phasing reference is missing by setting the motor status bit "phasing search error", after you phased ,the bit will be cleared.

From the Turbo Software Reference Manual:

Bit 8 Phasing Reference Error: This bit is set to 1 on power-up/reset for a PMAC-commutated (Ixx01

bit 0 = 1) synchronous motor. It is also set to 1 at the beginning of a phasing search move or phasing

absolute position read for such a motor. It is set to 0 on the successful completion of a phasing search

move or phasing absolute position read. If this bit is 1, the position/velocity servo loop cannot be closed

for this motor.

This bit is set to 1 if the phasing search move for a Turbo PMAC-commutated motor has failed due to

amplifier fault, overtravel limit, or lack of detected motion. It is set to 0 if the phasing search move did

not fail by any of these conditions (not an absolute guarantee of a successful phasing search).

This is not an I-Variable, but just the motor status word(should be Y:$0000C0 for motor#1). The word is broken out into bits using M-Variables, typically Mx30-Mx49. If you want, you can query the word with the online command "?", for the currently addressed motor.

i just checked the reference , the varible for phasing search error bit is M148, But no detail information is provided about when and in what situation will this bit be set, i think the online command will only respond with a specific value, no definition or infomation available.

you really helped me a lot, brian .

infomation about where to find the details of each bit of motor status word will be very appreciated!

If Ix01 is set to 1 then a phase reference must be established after power up or reset. The “Phasing Reference Error” bit is set at power-on or reset in this case. You must either execute a phase reference search or have absolute feedback of some type (as in Hall devices) to establish the phase reference. Since you have Ix80 set to 6 – stepper method (usually the best search method) and no power on search – you must execute a $ command for the motor “#n$” n=motor number. You must have the phasing setup parameters properly set for this. If you are using current feedback then the parameters for this must also be properly setup. This is described in the Turbo PMAC User manual in the section “SETTING UP TURBO PMAC-BASED COMMUTATION AND/OR CURRENT LOOP” starting on page 89 (electronic 105). Here is a link to this manual on our WEB-site:

http://www.deltatau.com/manuals/pdfs/TURBO%20PMAC%20USER%20MANUAL.pdf?id=634562645871162165