Jump to content
OMRON Forums

Kinematic routines reporting incorrect axis values


kmonroe023
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is there anything that would cause axis values returned from the kinematic routines to be incorrect.

 

Not sure what caused this, and rebooting the Pmac fixed it, but when I queried the axis positions from the terminal ("&1p"), they were clearly wrong. I also set P variables equal to the axis and motor positions at the end of the kinematic routines and monitored those in the watch window, and those reported the correct positions! So I know the kinematics were working properly, the values just seemed to get mis-reported to the system.

 

The only thing I did before experiencing this problem was a script PLC download, after that both kinematic routines reported the same incorrect values. Rebooting the PMAC fixed it though.

 

The kinematic routines I'm using "have alot of miles" on them so I'm just curious as to what could have caused this problem.

 

Thanks,

Kevin Monroe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevermind...it wasn't the kinematics after all. I am using axis transformations to cut multiple shapes. If the process was interrupted, the recovery routine was not deselecting the transformation before moving the motors. Once I fixed that, everything works as expected.

 

Thanks to Charles this morning for taking my call and shaking loose the cobwebs for me!

 

Kevin Monroe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...