OMRON Forums

phase task and phase-interrupt task...

hibitor

hi, a question about the words: ”phase task” and “phase-interrupt task”,”servo task” and “servo-interrupt task”, I’m confused by these notion name, I can perceive that they are not the same thing from the context of the URM, but I’m not not sure about that. Does any friend can help me to separate it. thanks

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, a question about the words: ”phase task” and “phase-interrupt task”,”servo task” and “servo-interrupt task”, I’m confused by these notion name, I can perceive that they are not the same thing from the context of the URM, but I’m not not sure about that. Does any friend can help me to separate it. thanks

The Phase interrupt and servo interrupt are hardware interrupts with the timing of each set separately in PMAC in the gate setup ivars. The edges of these interrupts latch the registers in the servo gate arrays and trigger the two tasks. For smooth sinusoidal commutation the phase task is typically done more often than the servo calculations and the servo interrupt occurring at some integral fraction of the phase, ie every second or third phase task. The Phase task simply takes the last calculated servo filter output and applies it to the commanded output at motor's current phase angle. The servo task is what is operating the control law, i.e. the basic PID loops or the optional advanced servo algorithm. This task uses the present desired and actual states to generate a required servo effort to be applied to the motors. There also exists within PMAC an option to attach user written code to either of these two interrupts to accomplish other functions if needed.

HTH