OMRON Forums

Problem after updating firmware

dennisg

I am still on a steep learning curve with the Delta Tau environment. I noticed that our firmware was out of date (Jan 2010, 1.2.?) so I uploaded 1.4.0.27. That seemed to go fine, but now I no longer see any of the PLC's that I am working with in the Task Manager.

I inherited all these PLC's and am learning what they do. I have cleaned and built the solution, and also did a Build. If I select the PLC for debug in the Solution Explorer, it looks like it loads and enters Debug mode but I still do not see it in the Task Manager. I hope I am just missing something as a newbie to this environment.

TIA.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dennisg,

You should always make sure to update both the Power PMAC firmware and the IDE on your Windows machine together.

You can get the latest released files from here:

http://forums.deltatau.com/filedepot/ [FILE REMOVED]

The firmware is located under Power PMAC>Firmware>Release>

and the IDE is located under Power PMAC>Power PMAC IDE >Release>

I did do that, and I'm running Power PMAC IDE 1.4.0.62 I'll go back and double check the downloads.

I notice that since updating the firmware I am getting this error:

Error: Opening PMAC File: /var/ftp/usrflash/Project/PMAC Script Language/PLC Programs/populate conv table.plc

Error: Opening PMAC File: /var/ftp/usrflash/Project/PMAC Script Language/PLC Programs/stepped sine.plc

There were errors during the download process and the download procees has stopped.

Debug process can not continue. Downloading the selected PLC program failed.

All I did was reflash the Power PMAC, I do not recall doing anything else. I can see the PLC's mentioned in the error over in the solution window.

I think this is strictly new user error problems. It looks like there are several associated .pmc files that need recompiling too. I'm not sure how to get that done yet, and only have found the PPT slides for the IDE, no detailed documentation. If there is a section in the Power PMAC Software Reference I have not yet located it.

Thanks,

Dennis

Followup: It seems that there is a file missing that may be causing my compile errors

Error: Opening PMAC File: /var/ftp/usrflash/Project/PMAC Script Language/Libraries/subprog1.pmc

I can see this file in my local development directory but I'm not sure how to get it to the Delta Tau target. I am beginning to suspect that a bunch of files associated with the PLC's I'm working with were deleted when I updated the firmware. I'm still too new to this environment to be sure though.

Dennisg,

You should always make sure to update both the Power PMAC firmware and the IDE on your Windows machine together.

This is the current error that is causing me problems loading/debugging any PLC, if anyone has ideas or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Please wait while downloading to Power Pmac.

Downloading global definitions.pmh to Power Pmac.

Downloading butterfly.plc to Power Pmac.

Downloading pp_inc_startup.txt to Power Pmac.

Downloading pp_inc_disable.txt to Power Pmac.

Downloading pp_proj.ini to Power Pmac.

uploading pp_error.log file from the Power Pmac.

uploading pp_proj.log file from the Power Pmac.

uploading pp_error_hist.log file from the Power Pmac.

uploading pp_debug.txt file from the Power Pmac.

uploading pp_proj.h file from the Power Pmac.

Error: Opening PMAC File: /var/ftp/usrflash/Project/PMAC Script Language/Libraries/subprog1.pmc

There were errors during the download process and the download procees has stopped.

I did do that, and I'm running Power PMAC IDE 1.4.0.62 I'll go back and double check the downloads.

I notice that since updating the firmware I am getting this error:

Error: Opening PMAC File: /var/ftp/usrflash/Project/PMAC Script Language/PLC Programs/populate conv table.plc

Error: Opening PMAC File: /var/ftp/usrflash/Project/PMAC Script Language/PLC Programs/stepped sine.plc

All I did was reflash the Power PMAC, I do not recall doing anything else. I can see the PLC's mentioned in the error over in the solution window.

I think this is strictly new user error problems. It looks like there are several associated .pmc files that need recompiling too. I'm not sure how to get that done yet, and only have found the PPT slides for the IDE, no detailed documentation. If there is a section in the Power PMAC Software Reference I have not yet located it.

Thanks,

Dennis

Followup: It seems that there is a file missing that may be causing my compile errors

I can see this file in my local development directory but I'm not sure how to get it to the Delta Tau target. I am beginning to suspect that a bunch of files associated with the PLC's I'm working with were deleted when I updated the firmware. I'm still too new to this environment to be sure though.

Dennisg,

dennisg,

Did you issue a $$$** and save after your updated the Power PMAC firmware? Once you complete this necessary step, you need to recompile your project and download it. Once you have completely build and downloaded your project, you can start the debug process of the Script PLCs or C programs.

Regards,

I eventually figured it out.

When the new firmware installed all my project files way down in the /var/ftp/usrflash went away. I eventually deduced this by watching errors as I got some things to recompile.

Thanks,

Dennis

dennisg,

Did you issue a $$$** and save after your updated the Power PMAC firmware? Once you complete this necessary step, you need to recompile your project and download it. Once you have completely build and downloaded your project, you can start the debug process of the Script PLCs or C programs.

Regards,

• 2 months later...
I don't think that installing new firmware/ide should require downloading everything again. I just spent a while trying to figure out what happened to my system. I did remember to download my project again, but didn't remember to download my motor/cs parameters again, so I had strange faults and limits showing up for my motors.