OMRON Forums

Trajectory Pre-filter enable

kmonroe023

Motor 4 on one of our systems is setup with a trajectory pre-filter. It ran fine with the pre-filter enabled, but the system won't re-load the pp_save cfg files at boot because Motor[4].PreFilterEna is equal to -1 in the config file. If I try to download the pp_save.cfg file, the download stops at .PrefilterEna with an illegal write error.

I normally upload the configuration files to the IDE after I save changes to the Pmac, so the system settings are backed up. Just wondering how PreFilterEna got set to -1 in the cfg file.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Kmonroe

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kmonroe,

I found a bug in the Tuning software which causes this:

If you click "Calculate Prefilter Coefficients" in the Trajectory Pre-filter Setup tab without any values for filter poles/zeros, you get an error "Please provide the frequencies of poles and zeros of the prefilter". At this point if you click "Implement Prefilter" then you'll end up with a -1 in the Motor[x].PreFilterEna.

We will fix the bug. Thanks for reporting.

Kmonroe,

I found a bug in the Tuning software which causes this:

If you click "Calculate Prefilter Coefficients" in the Trajectory Pre-filter Setup tab without any values for filter poles/zeros, you get an error "Please provide the frequencies of poles and zeros of the prefilter". At this point if you click "Implement Prefilter" then you'll end up with a -1 in the Motor[x].PreFilterEna.

We will fix the bug. Thanks for reporting.

Kmonroe,

The prefilterena will be automatically set by the firmware to negative value of the set prefilter.ena value when the motor is killed (i.e. open loop mode) and will be set to positive value whenever the motor is closed loop . Since the configuration file just compares the values

of structure elements with the default settings it generates this error. Just change the sign (make it positive) in the configuration file which will

solve this issue.

To correct myself, resetting won't be an issue since you won't be able to download successfully the project in the first place.

But...the file in question (pp_save.tpl and/or pp_save.cfg) is actually generated on the PMAC when you type 'save' in the terminal window. The user only gets the files if they are explicitly uploaded to the IDE. So, can't the preFilterEna bit be set incorrectly if the PMAC is saved while a motor is disabled with trajectory pre-filter?

The reason I make this point, is because I think this is how I first discovered this issue. I had disabled all motors then saved to my PMAC, I then uploaded the config files to save the latest settings to the IDE. A little while later I reset ($$$) the PMAC; at this point the PMAC started up in the default state...no PLCs or programs and clock settings were set back to default.

It was only when I attempted to download the pp_save.cfg file (that was originally uploaded from the PMAC) that I discovered that the preFilterEna flag was set to -1.

Hope all this makes sense.

Thanks,

Kmonroe