OMRON Forums

auxiliary serial port

max

Does anyone have example code using the auxiliary serial port on the UMAC to communicate to an external device?

Per the manual : "Turbo PMAC permits its default command parser to be disabled on the auxiliary serial port, which enables the user to process input strings on this port"

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Max,

I had written the following code to read a 3D Gyroscope over the auxiliary serial port of a Turbo PMAC2. It should give you a head start:

I have also included the communication specification on the sensor used in this code as a reference for some of the commands sent to the device in this code.

Serial Port Manual Parser Code.zip

3DM-GX1%20Data%20Communication%20Protocol%203101.pdf

• 5 months later...

Max,

I had written the following code to read a 3D Gyroscope over the auxiliary serial port of a Turbo PMAC2. It should give you a head start:

I have also included the communication specification on the sensor used in this code as a reference for some of the commands sent to the device in this code.

wow,I have been finding this topic for a long time! Hope it's useful

• 6 months later...

Sina,

would it possible to show an example of sending data out the serial

port either main or aux. I have a app that needs to communacate

to a arduino board via serial (rs232). I will need to send data like...

"?P1200" or "!W" etc.

I then will need to read some response like "1200" etc.

This app will be using the NC program by the way.

I have made an app note which explains how to read/write to main/auxiliary serial ports on Turbo PMAC including examples for each of the cases.

This file is also available in FileDepot under file name "Direct Access to Turbo PMAC’s Serial Port Buffers.PDF"

Direct Access to Turbo PMAC’s Serial Port Buffers.pdf

Read Main Serial Port.pmc

Write Main Serial Port.pmc

Read Auxiliary Serial Port.pmc

Write Auxiliary Serial Port.pmc

• 1 month later...

I have made an app note which explains how to read/write to main/auxiliary serial ports on Turbo PMAC including examples for each of the cases.

This file is also available in FileDepot under file name "Direct Access to Turbo PMAC’s Serial Port Buffers.PDF"

Sina,

I've tried these out and they seem to work so far except I have one

problem. I'm only sending one value If I set P3001 to the following and set P3000=1 this is the results

I removed the CR an LF chars at the end.

P3001=12345 49 50 51 52 53 looks OK

P3001=9999 57 57 57 57 Ok

P3001=1000 49 48 48 48 Ok

P3001=10000 58 208 34 188 46 183 Bad

P3001=11111 49 49 49 49 49 Ok

Got any ideas what could be causing this?

Mark Miller

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I have a turbo clipper and I have a need to interface to a amplifier that measures pressures via the main serial port on the clipper.

Does any one knows the frequency in which I could get data via the serial interface?

Thanks,