OMRON Forums

Trying to close the loop!

jwjusti08

I have a power PMAC with etherCAT and I am trying to get it working with a CT Drive. I have successfully been able to close the loop, but the motor will not jog. I have position feedback coming into the DT, and the drives display says run, which means the drive is outputting power to the motor. Not sure what I am doing wrong. When I push either of the jog buttons the drive goes to inhibit, when I let go it goes back into run mode. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So now I have it to where the motor status window shows closed loop and amp enable. The drive is being enabled via DT, but when I try and jog the following error just counts up, but the motor never moves. I double checked that I still have feedback from the drive. It looks to me like DT is not sending a command to the drive. Not sure where to go from here. Oh, also I am in position mode.

If you are using the drive in position mode, the Power PMAC must be outputting commanded position. To do this, Motor[x].Ctrl must be set to Sys.PosCtrl to select the "servo" algorithm that just outputs commanded position without trying to close a servo loop.

Make sure that Motor[x].pDac is set to the address of the ECAT data structure element that will transfer the commanded position to this drive.

In position output mode, the motor still monitors received actual position to compare to the command position it outputs, for the purpose of monitoring the position error, even though it does not use this error for any purpose but possible tripping on excessive error. Your drive should be doing this as well.