OMRON Forums

Geobrick Limits

motionusa

I'm trying to integrate an inductive sensor with the Geobrick. It's a 24V NPN sensor so I'm using a 24V relay with 5V coming into the relay from the EQU1 pin. I've currently got the flag return connected to pin 13 on the Geobrick, common. I've tried connecting the output of the relay to the user flag, home flag, and NC positive limit flag at separate times and watching to see it's corresponding m-variable change (m115, m120, m121), but none of those values are ever changing. They are always 1. I've measured the voltage, and I'm getting 4.5V and 0V across the flag and flag return when I expect to based on the sensor. Are there any variables I need to initialize to get this to work? The only things I could find were i124 and i125. I have those set to $1 and $78000 respectively.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Your software settings for Ixx24, and Ixx25 are correct. I assume that you have downloaded the suggested M-Variables for proper mapping.

Why are you using pin #13 for return? The wiring diagrams on page 39 of the manual do not show anything connected to it. Try tying your flag return to "flag return", pin #3 (for channel 1/5).

What is your part number? You might want to check if you have 5V or 24V limits/flags. See part number table in the manual.

Otherwise, if you don't mind me asking, why are you using the EQU as an input to the limit(s)? What is the application requirement?

Having a relay already defies the purpose of using the high speed EQU output. Might as well bring in a digital output (from J6 or J7) if you really want to toggle the limit.