OMRON Forums

issues connecting to the Delta Tau in VB.NET

vtmtnbiker

Power PMAC Development Kit V 1.0.0.X (My CD is dated 08/27/13)

I am having issues connecting to the Delta Tau sometimes from my VB App. It works most of the time, but it will get into a state where it stop working. Toggling power to the Power PMAC does seem to correct the problem. While it is not communicating the IDE still communicates fine and connects fine. So I would like to know what the difference is. This is the code I use to connect: see attached

Capture.JPG.e9ea1ecde696f405d4e7f7cef09fea5d.JPG

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Attention Delta Tau Insiders:

This is the same issue being described by MShaver in

http://forums.deltatau.com/showthread.php?tid=1640

IE; vtmtnbiker's application he is describing problems with here is the application I'm referring to in my posts. I've determined that "ppmacserver" on the PPMAC is shutting down and this is the reason that vtmtnbiker's application can no longer communicate with the PPMAC. I don't know whether ppmacserver shutting down is the root cause or a symptom of something else.

We need Delta Tau's help understanding why ppmacserver is shutting down and whether it is the root cause of why vtmtnbiker's app cannot communicate or whether vtmtnbiker's app is doing something to cause ppmacserver to shut down.

M. Shaver

Attention Delta Tau Insiders:

This is the same issue being described by MShaver in

http://forums.deltatau.com/showthread.php?tid=1640

IE; vtmtnbiker's application he is describing problems with here is the application I'm referring to in my posts. I've determined that "ppmacserver" on the PPMAC is shutting down and this is the reason that vtmtnbiker's application can no longer communicate with the PPMAC. I don't know whether ppmacserver shutting down is the root cause or a symptom of something else.

We need Delta Tau's help understanding why ppmacserver is shutting down and whether it is the root cause of why vtmtnbiker's app cannot communicate or whether vtmtnbiker's app is doing something to cause ppmacserver to shut down.

M. Shaver

Let me clarify few things before we jump to conclusion.

1. The IDE uses the same communication Library.

2. You see the ppmacserver process running on PowerPMAC but none of the communication uses the sever. The communication is based on SSH server and not the ppmacserver. You can check this by running the Demo applicationthat comes with library and then kill the ppmacserver from PowerPMAC. You will find that the application works just fine.

--------------

Thanks,

Atul

Power PMAC Development Kit V 1.0.0.X (My CD is dated 08/27/13)

I am having issues connecting to the Delta Tau sometimes from my VB App. It works most of the time, but it will get into a state where it stop working. Toggling power to the Power PMAC does seem to correct the problem. While it is not communicating the IDE still communicates fine and connects fine. So I would like to know what the difference is. This is the code I use to connect: see attached

Can you be more specific? Do you get exception? Do you get error or you no longer able to connect?

As I said in my pervious responses to mshaver, if the IDE is working then it is specific to application code.

Thanks,

Atul