OMRON Forums

A tool for translate from Turbo PMAC' PLC program and motion program to PowerPMAC

aaqqxx

Now I use PowerBrickLV,and I want to use PLC and motion programs that I wrote for using in TurboPMAC2. I must modify some code in PLC and motion programs,because some parameters change the unit(for example IXX26),it cause error.

So I want to know do you have tool to do this translate,or may you design one?If you use python to do this,can you share the code with us?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Our experience with conversion programs of the type you ask for, including ones from other vendors that we have tried to use ourselves, is that they do not actually help. They will never get 100% of the conversion correct, and you spend more time trying to find the few issues converted improperly than you would with a totally manual conversion.

The Software Reference Manual contains a chapter showing the necessary conversion for all Turbo PMAC I-variables, including unit differences. There is also a chapter of similar conversions for Turbo PMAC suggested M-variables.