OMRON Forums

Pcomm32Pro programming for Clipper on MultiCore CPU environment

windywake

Hi, Everyone,

Based on PComm32Pro SDK, I am developing my PMAC Clipper control applications. My computer's CPU is Intel Core i7-2600 multicore CPU.

I found that PMAC Clipper behaves abnormal( Often NO response to motion commands).

Have anyone experienced? Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Everyone,

Based on PComm32Pro SDK, I am developing my PMAC Clipper control applications. My computer's CPU is Intel Core i7-2600 multicore CPU.

I found that PMAC Clipper behaves abnormal( Often NO response to motion commands).

Have anyone experienced? Thanks.

I am using VC8(Visual Studio 2005 C++) IDE.

We will need considerably more information than that to help.

1. What have you done to configure the clipper and set up motors?

2. What kind of code are you using to send the motion commands?

3. Have you examined the motor status windows through PeWin? What kind of errors are shown?

This is probably easier to solve by directly contacting technical support, 818-717-5697.

• 4 weeks later...

Many Thanks, Charles.

Sorry for almost forgetting my post. Finally, I found the root cause that some of important M-variables's address configuration were lost such as open-loop mode bit, amplifier-enabled status bit, and home-complete bit.

I am also confused occasionally the coordination system definition's go into disorder(For example, &1: #1->X #2->Y #3->Z, change to &10: #1->X &11: #2->Y #3->Z) especially

after I tuned the motor PID parameters. When I redo the coordinate definition, PEWINPro32 2 pop a messagebox which says "best optimal value for I68 =0".