mounting spinning drive on Power PMAC

windell747

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Hi Steve,

I know that this is an old thread, but I was just looking through the users manual (pg 33 of 1/6/2015 edition) and I saw that it looks like a spinning drive can be connected to the Power PMAC via SATA or PCIe. Do you have more information on how to go about doing this? Do I need to buy an additional card from DT?

thanks,

windell

This is not something we offer.

Forgive me for not being specific enough. We have a Power PMAC UMAC CPU with a Power UMAC rack.

Do you know of any customers who have mounted a spinning drive to the Power UMAC? Other than writing to the flash card or using a USB harddrive, do you have any suggestions of how to store log files locally?

thanks, f

windell

We currently do not offer the SATA interface on any Power PMAC platform. On the Power UMAC platform we do offer the PCIe interface. The Linux installation however does not have any installed drivers for disk drives.

Forgive me for not being specific enough. We have a Power PMAC UMAC CPU with a Power UMAC rack.

Do you know of any customers who have mounted a spinning drive to the Power UMAC? Other than writing to the flash card or using a USB harddrive, do you have any suggestions of how to store log files locally?

We do our logging to a CIFS shared directory on a PC. It makes viewing, management and cleanup much easier. Large SD cards are also a reasonable alternative.