OMRON Forums

C++11 support

Dan.Allard

I am having some issues with apt get as mentioned in a different thread. I have a project which compiles and runs well on my Mac programmed with C++11 standard libraries. This project contains a large library which is programmed in C++11. I didn't realize the gcc compiler on the PP doesn't support C++11 but only the older C++0x standards. Is it safe to upgrade to the newer compiler? I don't know what effect this might have on the pp. My concern is that it might affect how the IDE compiles code.

The project I am working on involves accessing information in the PP for example the motor position and posting it to a webpage. I have a C++11 html class library I am trying to use with the pp.

Below is the version of the PP I am using as reported at login. I am wondering if there are some updates which might resolve the issues i am dealing with.

Linux powerpmac 2.6.30.3 #34 Tue Dec 17 09:52:34 PST 2013 ppc

---------------------------------

-- PowerPMAC Motion Controller --

---------------------------------

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried compiling the GCC 6.1.0 to get gain C++11 support but I am unable to get the mpfr library to compile. I set the make flag to ignore errors just to see if there are any other issues. As far as I could tell all the errors are related to that one library. When you try to compile the mpfr library there is an error in the make script something about now rule for AUTHORS which is just a text file listing the authors there is also an issue with the patches but if you make a directory patches that error will go away. the authors error I couldn't clear and I don't know make files well enough to edit it or to make a make file to replace it with. If anyone knows how to resolve this issue I would be grateful as I have a lot of C++11 code which I will otherwise have to back rev to C++98.