OMRON Forums

Ethernet connection with Arduino

thamwaifoong

Hello,

I have a setup of Turbo PMAC with Arduino.

With the arduino mega board, i have stacked with ethernet shield with it.

I've setup the PMAC ip address (169.254.16.195) and a default port no (1025).

Mode: TCP, board: PC104.

And the arduino ip address is 169.254.16.194, as client.

i don't see the ethernet port LED lighting up on both devices (PMAC or Arduino).

if i plug PMAC to computer, i can see the ethernet port lighting up. Same as arduino board, when i plug the ethernet from arduino to computer, it lights up too. but when i connect from pmac to arduino, no sign of any indication.

Is there anything i've missed?

i would like to use the arduino board to send simple commands like p23=100.

• 2 weeks later...

The Turbo PMAC Ethernet port was designed to communicate through a Windows driver. If you want to use another platform you must create your own TCP/IP packets based on Berkley sockets. We have documented the Ethernet Protocol used in the Turbo UMAC Hardware Reference manual:

http://www.deltatau.com/manuals/pdfs/UMAC%20TURBO%20CPU%20HRM.pdf?id=635787783278925400

Hello,

I have a setup of Turbo PMAC with Arduino.

With the arduino mega board, i have stacked with ethernet shield with it.

I've setup the PMAC ip address (169.254.16.195) and a default port no (1025).

Mode: TCP, board: PC104.

And the arduino ip address is 169.254.16.194, as client.

i don't see the ethernet port LED lighting up on both devices (PMAC or Arduino).

if i plug PMAC to computer, i can see the ethernet port lighting up. Same as arduino board, when i plug the ethernet from arduino to computer, it lights up too. but when i connect from pmac to arduino, no sign of any indication.

Is there anything i've missed?

i would like to use the arduino board to send simple commands like p23=100.

I have machines running where I have an arduino connected to a Umac via the second serial port. I use a serial level shifter on the arduino side and the second serial port on the Mega. The same can be done using the Pmac primary serial port.

• Like 1