OMRON Forums

If I want to download a 1GB program to PMAC, what should I do? Is there an example? Please help me, thank you very much!

Unicornai

On 7/22/2023 at 5:36 AM, steve.milici said:

Assuming this is a motion program you would need to use the “Rotary Buffer” feature of PMAC. See the section “Rotary Motion Programs” in the “Power PMAC User’s Manual” starting on page 622.

First of all, thank you for your answer. Secondly, I have read the user manual, but it only explains the theory without any examples. Therefore, I would like to ask you how I should specifically do it, separate the motion program, and then add what code to the beginning and end of each subroutine. Could you please answer my question.

On 7/22/2023 at 3:29 AM, steve.milici said:

What type of program is this?

A program is similar to this type of program, but there will be many coordinate points and the program will be close to 1G in size. Can you help me start with this program and split it up, and then show me how to use this method to decompose a large program?

tttttt.zip

There are no published examples of managing the rotary motion program buffer. Basically, in your “gpascii” stream, you issue the “define rotary” command to establish the buffer size. Then you would issue the “open rotary” command and follow that with your motion code. You would close the buffer with the “close” command in your “gpascii” stream. The “clear rotary” command will erase the contents of the buffer. These on-line commands are CS addressing specific. See the detailed description of these commands in the “Power PMAC Software Reference Manual” under “POWER PMAC ON-LINE COMMAND SPECIFICATION”.

The rotary motion program buffer is considered motion program 0 for the coordinate system so you would run it with “&1b0r”.

To monitor the buffer state, see the following in the “Power PMAC Software Reference Manual” under “Coord[x]. Coordinate System Status Data Structure Elements”:

Coord[x].RotStart

Coord[x].RotEnd

Coord[x].RotExec

Coord[x].RotStore

For most applications it is expected that you would use the Power PMAC PDK to implement and manage a rotary motion program buffer.

On 7/26/2023 at 2:16 AM, steve.milici said:

There are no published examples of managing the rotary motion program buffer. Basically, in your “gpascii” stream, you issue the “define rotary” command to establish the buffer size. Then you would issue the “open rotary” command and follow that with your motion code. You would close the buffer with the “close” command in your “gpascii” stream. The “clear rotary” command will erase the contents of the buffer. These on-line commands are CS addressing specific. See the detailed description of these commands in the “Power PMAC Software Reference Manual” under “POWER PMAC ON-LINE COMMAND SPECIFICATION”.

The rotary motion program buffer is considered motion program 0 for the coordinate system so you would run it with “&1b0r”.

To monitor the buffer state, see the following in the “Power PMAC Software Reference Manual” under “Coord[x]. Coordinate System Status Data Structure Elements”:

Coord[x].RotStart

Coord[x].RotEnd

Coord[x].RotExec

Coord[x].RotStore

For most applications it is expected that you would use the Power PMAC PDK to implement and manage a rotary motion program buffer.

thank you for your anwser,but if i use PDK and make a HMI,how could i use rotary buffer?

The Power PMAC PDK has functions (like “GetResponse”) to administer the setup of the rotary buffer (as described above) and “incremental feeding” of your program to it. You can download a trial version of the PDK from this link to view the product manual:

https://automation.omron.com/en/us/products/family/PMAC%20PDK

See the manual in the installation folder:

Power PMAC development kit (PDK) manual.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 5:09 PM, wonjae lee said:

you have 1.5GB Free Memory.

Make your program buffer from 100MB to 1.2GB.

But if you try to download 1GB program file. it takes too much times.

So i recommand use rotary Buffer for large amount of file.

How to I use rotary buffer in hmi,may i should write something in program head?please Give me some guidance