OMRON Forums

About Program Buffer

image.thumb.png.89885957e71631312afbb567e9739401.png

Under normal circumstances, I can use open prog6 close to replace program number 6 and the memory space is released. However, sometimes for the same model but different control card CPUs, I find that using this will display a new program, but the memory space of the old program is not released. In this case, my program buffer becomes smaller and smaller as I use it, and in the end, I have to power off and restart. May I ask if there is any way to clear this motion program separately? The type that can release space under abnormal circumstances.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

1.You can use the free directive to see the remaining cache size

image.png.928913f1e833bb2c6c2817bfcfc65d90.png

image.png.06c891f9073fe9302afc558118447254.png

2.You can use the "Clear Prog N" command to clear the specified motion program, where N represents the motion program sequence number.

Edited by MoMo

17 hours ago, MoMo said:

1.You can use the free directive to see the remaining cache size

image.png.928913f1e833bb2c6c2817bfcfc65d90.png

image.png.06c891f9073fe9302afc558118447254.png

2.You can use the "Clear Prog N" command to clear the specified motion program, where N represents the motion program sequence number.

Thank you, it's okay for this situation, but sometimes it doesn't display the program content but the memory hasn't been released. What should I do to make it release the memory? I think this may be a bug

Posted (edited)

We have not received similar reports from other customers.

In the case that we can't reproduce your issue on our end, we can't be sure it's a bug.

Please provides the necessary conditions to reproduce the failure, ensuring that we can reproduce yours.

Edited by MoMo