OMRON Forums

communication with UDP

dzrong

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, It looks like you can. The 'Turbo PMAC User Manual' explains it a little. [quote]Both TCP/IP and UDP/IP protocols are supported. The simpler UDP/IP protocol is strongly recommended, as it is more efficient, and the additional packet information and handshaking acknowledgments of TCP/IP are not required for the point-to-point communications used here. Use of the TCP/IP protocol with a computer running a Microsoft Windows operating system is particularly inefficient, due to an operating system time-out on every command/response event. [/quote] There's some more info on the setup from page 428 and on. Here's a direct link to it http://www.deltatau.com/manuals/pdfs/TURBO%20PMAC%20USER%20MANUAL.pdf?

Thanks for your reply! It's so interesting that two Geo Bricks (Turbo) can talk to each other over UDP/IP, Is TCP/IP OK? How to achieve that? I think that's must be very useful for some application and as i know two Turbo(UMAC) can only talk to each other over user defined Serial Port.

Thanks for your reply! It's so interesting that two Geo Bricks (Turbo) can talk to each other over UDP/IP,is TCPIP OK? How to achieve that? I think it must be very important for some application and as I know two Turbo(UMAC) only can talk two each other over Serial Port.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Richard, I really want to know how two Geo Bricks (Turbo) can talk to each other over UDP/IP,Because my customer want to use two Clipper to talk to each other. By the way I know two Clipper can use Serial Port to talk each other as the way of user define, I don't know whether Clipper(Turbo) use the way as Serial Port. Thank you very much!

Hello Richard, Can you tell me how two Geo Bricks (Turbo) can talk to each other over UDP/IP? Because my customer want to use two UMAC to talk to each other. By the way I know two UMAC can use Serial Port to talk each other as the way of user define, I don't know whether UDP/IP use the way as Serial Port. If there was a document tell about that will be better. Thank you very much!